Monday, April 27, 2015

Memorial Day BBQ - Tabletop Decor

Hi everyone, it's time to share a fun project that I made for my Memorial Day weekend BBQ. Today is "Move it Monday" on the Timeless Twine blog, so I had to make a project that moves. Well that challenge helped inspire my idea for creating some spinning pinwheels.

Memorial Day weekend is perfect for cookouts and as always that's what we do here at home. I love decorating as much as I love creating, so when the holidays come around, I have so much fun putting it all together.

I used the Key Lime Sorbet twine and the Happy stamp set from Bella Creationz. The pinwheels are from Cricut, the bottles I bought at Hobby Lobby and the sticks are from an old scent diffuser that had dried out.

I needed something to keep the sticks in place, so for the inside I bought "Tropical Infusion" scented Sachets that I bought at AC Moore for a buck a piece. I can't even begin to explain how amazing it smells. I opened the one for the purpose of sharing this project, but I will save the others until they're ready to go out on the tables.

I'm sure before the end of the night, the kids will have their fun playing with the pinwheels! :)

Enjoy...


 You can cut 4 pinwheels out of a 12 x12 double
sided paper. Use 3 in each jar, I made a total of 8 jars,
so I needed 6 sheets of patterned paper.


Key Lime Sorbet

Happy


Have a great day!!!


3 comments:

DebC said...

Beautiful project Maria. I always enjoy seeing what you come up with.
Deb

Colortypes Sophie said...

What a fun idea! Love it!

Karen Robertson said...

Wow, this is beautiful, great job and Tfs.