Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Part One...Kelley's Book of Shadows

Hi everyone, been super, super busy working on revamping my blog and hopefully some exciting news I plan to share in the near future. Meanwhile, I have been working on a color chart book for my crafty friend Kelley. She requested that I make her a color chart book in a swap that we were in together. Her style is more grungy, so I decided to go in that direction and thought it would be cool to incorporate a shadow book (book of spells)...don't know many spells, so only color charts were added, lol.

Well I decided I would go all out on this one, took me quite some time to do and there was a lot involved, including front and back covers and six chapters covers (front and back). So I will break it down into 8 posts...parts 1-7 and the final post for the complete Shadow Book.

This is the Front and Back Covers...

Front Cover


I thought it would be nice to sit on a stand



Owl and Crows

 Potions and Charms



I used chipboard letters, wrapped them with foil tape and used alcohol inks, copper paint and embossing powders. 


Used this charm to hang on the handle after rusting up the chain and edge of the letter.

This book was over 3 inches thick.


Inside cover and made a textured page for each chapter.


Printed out table of contents.


 Back cover.


Besides the Tim Holtz charts, I made all of the other colors charts on my computer!
                                                    



Supplies:

3" Binder rings x 4
8 x 10 thin canvases x 2
8 1/2 x 10 Chipboard pages x 8 with 4 holes.
tissue paper, corrugated paper, mesh tape, foil tape, torn book pages
chipboard letters
TH die and photo corners
alcohol inks
Liquitex transparent paints (will try to update with colors)
TH Black Soot paint and ink pad
copper paint
Stampendous Encrusted embossing powders and mica's
Graphic 45...potions and charms label and owl
Tattered Angels glimmer mists and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays...sorry, don't remember colors and I couldn't find my list
lots of dangling charms, various colors of distressed seam binding and metal chain
book handle and many other metal embellishments
hole punch
color charts
6 textured chapter pages with TH stamps, gathered twigs ink pad and Lindy's Sprays
large picture stand
I think that's it!


1 comment:

Donna said...

Very creative idea! Looks like a lot of work went into it. TFS